Sunday, January 02, 2011

PINOY KID TWINKLES IN US TENNIS

(The Philippine Star) Updated January 01, 2011 12:00 AM

Miko Eala routed American Myles Decoste, 6-1-6-0, to capture the 8-under boys singles in the recently concluded 2010 Little Mo International Tennis Tournament held at the IMG Bollettieri Tennis Academy in Bradenton, Florida.

The tournament, dubbed as “the world’s greatest tournament for kids,” drew over 200 boys and girls aged 8-12 from 32 countries. Former Little Mo champions include Andy Roddick and up-and-coming Ryan Harrison.

“I felt happy winning especially since I was the only Filipino in the tournament and I made sure I always carried a small Philippine flag in my bag together with the tournament placard with the name of our country on it every time I played,” said Eala who also won the 8-under title in the KRASAE Tennis Camp Junior Challenge 2010 held last March.

No comments: